Friday, February 25, 2022

Take your Daffodils and ......!

Ad-Free blog

 I love Spring, actually I love all seasons...sigh, but we grow weary of winter here in NE Illinois. Not as much as we did living in N. Wisconsin...lol!

Whilst YOU out in blogland are posting bunnies, nests, and Daffodils and welcoming SPRING, this is what we woke up to along with many other states!


oldnewgreenredo

This is actually after 9 hours of melting...we had 4-5" of white fluff. I couldn't bear to even look outside, and COLD...it has been bbberrrrrrrrrr---rrr---rrrr...lip rattling cold on and off. 

oldnewgreenredo

And WINDY---well it is Chicagoland. Tossed around (after being frozen to the ground from the last rain) like flying Teacups! Branches everywhere, those stakes are from our holiday decorations that we haven't been able to pull up---like the poinsettias, greens and holly stuck in my pots. Yep, frozen in till Easter possibly?

oldnewgreenredo

Notice the lovely 'florals' in the foreground on this one---doesn't this make you think of Spring?

oldnewgreenredo

My Dutch couple, should be welcoming Spring with tulips or daffys...instead my pitchers hold spoons and a flag. Focal point is a snow cottage---LOL. How apropos!

oldnewgreenredo

I snagged this lovely Tea canister --for $2.99---crazy the thrift store charges $4.99 for a piece of ugly plastic canister and then lets this go into my waiting hands for a song!

oldnewgreenredo

Two more pitchers are waiting for some SPRING---PLEASE!

oldnewgreenredo

The sun is getting higher...the dead of winter light barely peeks over the garage.

oldnewgreenredo

Hubby has been doing odds and ends repairs here and there. Finally, I'm getting a shelf over my stove. It's 10" deep, so WHAT will I put here!!???
First, I have to find the appropriate tote in the basement...OMG, I hope it is labeled! 

This is pretty much why I haven't posted much 
in February or January for that matter.

What are you doing during this Pandemic and ETERNAL WINTER...???

If You enjoyed this post please FOLLOW IT in the upper right hand corner, to get just one email of each new post.

Thanks  ALWAYS  for visiting,
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will post at the following Link Parties, I hope you visit them.


All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. Please do not use my photos without permission. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts, or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thank you for your cooperation,


Sandi 

oldnewgreenredo




 


14 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I woke up to what you woke up to. It will be awhile before spring comes to Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I know, it's sort of depressing...grins and HUGS! Sandi

      Delete
  2. Oh, Sandi, I have been keeping track on the news. It is a mess most places it seems. We still are having the same old sunshine (don't you feel sorry for us?) but it is also cold!! My friend in town has a yard full of daffs but I have nary a one in sight. Go figure..Happy Weekend anyway..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs, Judy. LOL, just the overabundance of either Spring or fattening posts to look at...so I have just had it, grumbling with laughter. And, so it goes...Sandi

      Delete
  3. Here in Hereford we lack snow but, boy, have we had wind. Roaring in from the south-west, over the Black Mountains (in Wales) and causing the solar panels to rumble against the roof. So audible. Such power. The eucalyptus tree (pruned at least three times) is planted in a giant terracotta pot and must weigh close to a quarter of a ton; yet the wind has blown it over three times. Gonna christen the wind Putin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sort of battles for the Windy City title we have to wear here. Potted trees, just aren't thinkable here. Our 80+ food neighbor's Elm shed multiple limbs last year on our lot, this year just branches. Hopefully Putin can be labeled at the moment constipated.... I dread that wind, may be more accurate...thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  4. Brrrrrr indeed but spring is on its way.. The sun is just that bit higher in the sky and the days are starting to lengthen. Now all we need is for it to warm up a bit and my garden will be really pretty with spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWww...gardening---I can't wait. Thanks for stopping by, Cherie, flowers are definitely a ways off though, Sandi

      Delete
  5. We escaped the winter and fled to Florida.....I do feel bad for my friends and family up north who have a pretty snowy/bitter cold winter. Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken...lol. We've only escaped twice in our life to Florida in winter...an extended stay would e lovely! Sandi

      Delete
  6. Awesome pics! Keep warm (here is toooo hot...). Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..yes, you live in the 'tropics' and I envy you! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  7. Beautiful snow Sandi :) We rarely see it on the Cornish peninsular due to the Gulf Stream. Kids grow up not knowing what it is, they go CRAZY at the slightest sprinkle and the whole place grounds to a halt! Sending you some Cornish sun and daffodils xXx p.s. love the tea caddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear...yes, surrounded by Ocean you do escape the huge snowfalls we might have, but we don't get as much rain, either! Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!