Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Winter amusements? What I have been doing for 7 WEEKS!

 Ad-Free Blog

What have I been doing for 7 weeks????---playing in my craft room and remodeling two dollhouses. Honestly, I could have remodeled my own house in that time. 

Here is the results---enjoy, and if you are into dolls or know someone who is, please direct them to my other blog: barbieoldnewgreenredo

This is one of the latest posts. Everything has been reconstructed or refurbished, and it started out like this:


I had redone this dollhouse 5 years ago for playing with my granddaughter, and now I wanted to do it for my doll stories and eradicate the pink--somehow and expand some areas, update the lighting and hide that elevator, since I can't spray paint outdoors right now. 
So here is the result!

Getting ready for listing!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: Hi, Lara, sorry to call so late, but I just texted you some photos of the townhouse...we just finished staging the townhouse!

Lara: Great...so I'm waiting for them...! I'll get Ian over there tomorrow. How about the Mansion...where are we there?

Richelle: Waiting on the chair delivery and Trish...with the plants, otherwise everyone can be out for the open house. Mulan and Belle are staying with Barbie at the rental.

Lara: The yard looks nice....we need to pull those cans out for the listing photos!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: Can we please, never do two locations at the same time again?

Lara: For sure, we are all ragged. I'll send Vanessa over tomorrow to help you at the Manse. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: The  office area looks great. Amazing rehab on that equipment.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: LOL, well, no one will walk off with a 40# ancient monitor and a dummy keyboard.

Lara: By the way, the sofas look fab, love the pillows!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...table looks great...and the kitchen...
(sure, beats  MAGENTA???)

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...I love the shelving unit...looks perfect for a family...

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Totally love the accessories...nice homage to the buildings age.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...What's the story on the painting?

Richelle: It's a watercolor we had resized of the Chicago River. I didn't like the photographs---too contemporary,
...and I wanted to bring something  more personal and historical in with the steamboat.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Since we couldn't get historical status, that's a nice way to add history! 1889 is a long time to be a home.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...I really love the washed oak floors..and with the contemporary fabrics on the second floor, very cool.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...closet looks good... and the doorwall.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: I know the purple and greens are a little unexpected...but I'm sick of grays and neutrals---everywhere! Nothing is permanent that has color.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Everything should appeal to the demographic we are going for. 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...Love the drape wall with the glass in the bathroom.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

I see it just fits up to the tub corner...great I was wondering what you were going to do!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...nice installation..., Richelle. This really is your calling!
...Are the furnishings for sale?

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: Sure and thanks, and we came in under budget by using many pieces from the house, before! I can make up a rough list for you on the furnishings.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Great and I love the Juliet window, and the shutters close for privacy!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: The second floor sitting room was a challenge. The lounge chair was so big..but it can be used for an extra bed. I had 'Woofie' along because I knew it was going to be a very long day! He was so good!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Lara: Love that little work area, outside of the bathroom. Perfect---very cool wall unit! 

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...the third floor work area works well, and I see you filled the closet! Plenty of storage.

barbieoldnewgreenredo

...I think I like this room the best...the view is fab of the park, and love that rug set!

barbieoldnewgreenredo

Richelle: Just a few plants come tomorrow and I'll finish up the Mansion by three, but I need to get some sleep, now.

Lara: BMR, Ltd. thanks you, Richelle, you did a fab job! And thanks to Ryan, too. I'm sure he helped also! Get me an invoice of your expenses so I can cut you a check immediately!

Richelle: Sure, will do tomorrow, I really need some food, too. Looking at the table makes me hungry!

(Tomorrow  VICTORIAN MANSION)

If you enjoyed this post(s), please join me by email- at 
FOLLOW IT---upper right hand corner.

I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or products shown, or from where I shop. 








10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful, Sandi! That dining table looks ready for me to sit down and join them. You're right -- the accessories are especially terrific. I can see lots of work here -- what a good pandemic project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeanie. Yes, it has been fun, surprisingly time consuming. But, then winter in Chicagoland is tedious to say the least...in a pandemic---uninspiring! LOL. Thanks for stopping by! Sandi

      Delete
  2. So cute and fun. I miss my Barbie! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have some fun I pick one up---no reason you can't!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! It is all adorable and amazing! You have been having so much fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna!!! I signed up AGAIN for your blog to get notifications...????Sandi

      Delete
  4. This is incredible! Looks like a lot of work and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to spend January and February in the middle of a pandemic, thanks for enjoying! Sandi

      Delete
  5. So sweet Sandi ! I want to live in there :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too, my real house is a fright and jumble right now! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!