Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chickens and the Egg Soap Opera



I have had some NEW chickens 'messing' around on my island countertop.
 Let's listen in on the latest, 'scoop' from the 'coop'.

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"I don't understand what the problem is, Dear? It's just Extra Large?"

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"Extra---Laaarge? Where the ...did this come from?"


http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"Have you been stepping out on me? This is outrageous."

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"Of course not---I've just been eating these magic beans?"


http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"You know we are going to be the talk of the kitchen!"

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

Ghost of Grandma Chicken whispers, 
"Really---magic beans, I haven't heard that one before, " 
She chuckled. 


http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"Is the scale broken?"


http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

Mama Chicken---"See, I told you I ate magic beans." 

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com

"As the World Turns".....in the kitchen. "I'm sorry, Dear. Next time I won't jump to conclusions."

http://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com



OLD Vintage decor included here: 

Blue white enameled fish poacher---early 1900's
 Stoneware crock---1960's
 Sears Egg Scale --- 1940's or older
 Garden Linens--- Stevens Linens, Pa 1990's
Grandma Ghost Chicken---milk glass 1930s maybe
Blue Ball Perfect Mason quart jar---1940's or older

NEWer 
Chicken metal box---newer thrift store gift
Chickens---sassy and new, gift from hubby


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.
 Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. 
Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

I will be sharing at these fine Parties!


Celebrate Your Story
Share Your Cup
Share Your Style

Sandi





19 comments:

  1. Dear Sandi very cute.. love chickens hens roosters Hapoy Spring with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a standing joke, my BF has wanted to by me a HUGE chicken for the kitchen---but when the remodel was done there really wasn't a place for one.
      Hence, the chicken box, which is definitely useful. I'm sure I will end up with a big chicken somewhere. Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, I love old vintage decor!
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank-you. It's fun to freshen up with a little humor and vintage, Sandi

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandi, oh how cute. I so enjoyed your vintage pieces to go with your sweet little story. I love roosters and displaying them is a passion. Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment and story of the Bluebonnet orders for Micheal's. I loved it. We of course have them here at all the craft shops.
    Have a great week ahead.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, now that I'm not working for Michael's, none of the stores have them (stock is now auto ordered) and leaves no lee-way for ordering for your clientele. That's pretty much when I moved on and it's sad that we have become so homogenized with all stores being the same, or decided by one person--in the main office. (Whose taste I never did agree with, lol.)

      Thanks always for visiting, happy bluebonnets and chickens, Sandi

      Delete
  4. Love your vintage pieces,especially the milk glass chicken:it is very pretty and ,here in Rio,expensive too !Sorry for my English and thanks for sharing! Have a nice week!Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Maristella, your English is fine. Some of those glass chickens are expensive here also. Thank-you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Grins, Sandi

      Delete
  5. Sandi, this is just too darn cute! Love the story!! That egg measurer is such an awesome piece and I loved all of your critters! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jann. Sometimes I have to just let loose with a 'yarn' or tall-tale. Though I'm sure not everyone appreciates my sense of humor in blog-land. Thanks for hosting SYC, it's always a fun and informative party. I find myself lingering there a long time, going down the internet rabbit-hole. Smile, Sandi

      Delete
  6. Ha ha--I think there's too much fun going on in your kitchen, Sandi :) Love all of your poultry related vintage goodies. Thanks for sharing them at Vintage Charm--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda like 'Toy Story' I think...lol. Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  7. Fun and apparently shenanigans, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Diana, and Happy Easter, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage decor and thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week and have a Happy Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, look at that old scale! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 69 for Farmhouse Crafts and Décor. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom collected everything, so I always have something I can play with. Thanks, Sandi

      Delete
  10. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at A Themed Linkup 70 for Cleaning and Organizing from my previous linkup for Farmhouse Crafts and Décor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I can't wait to see the link and the new link-up. Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!