Thursday, August 1, 2019

#WorldWatercolorMonth! Days Days 26-29

AD-Free Blog

Wow, sometimes life gets in the way. Between catching up in the garden, therapy, listing many new items on Etsy(research), driving, and trying to resume some real life--last week got away from me. 

We have some beautiful weather now in Chicagoland, so I moved off the kitchen table out onto the porch to paint with windows surrounding me. This is really ideal, no direct sunlight except early in the morning and lots of room to spread out. I'm sticking with the suggested prompts. I need some sort of discipline, because I have none of my own, LOL. 


ONLY TWO MORE, after this.




Day 26 Natural Wonders. 
Between the woodchuck under the kitchen porch, the possum under the deck, the gazillions of birds (we feed them), the hippies, squirrels, we have a small pond and frogs. So we have 'Natural Wonders' everywhere. Our frog this year is tiny--but we never know when a big one may show up, we have had large fat happy frogs in the past. I worked this pretty wet, spritzing water in various areas and letting the paints spread.

Palette: VanDyke Brown, Cerulean Blue, Prussian Blue, Prussian Green, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Thalo Purple, Cobalt blue,Lamp Black



Day 27  Fruits, 
I worked this very wet---you can see the paper has buckled. In a way it helped with the translucence of the glass but I lost the plate/bowl. I wish I had just done the glass, but the watermelon piece and rind looks nice and juicy. 

Palette: Prussian Green, Yellow Green, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow pale, Lamp black, Prussian Blue, Cobalt, Alizarian Crimson, Winsor Red,





Day 28 Mettalic

This was fun---it's a galvanized metal drink dispenser, we only use it for Water when we have a big group. Late in the day and with two light sources on it, there were tons of reflections and variations on the surface. The shadows kept changing, so my colors did too. I tried to work loose and not overwork anything.

Palette: VanDyke Brown, Thalo Purple, Prussian Blue, Burnt Sienna, Lamp Black, Cadmium yellow Pale.


Day 29 Glorious Green

Our whole yard is green, this is the back corner of our garden where the squash plants are going crazy, climbing up the fence. Sometimes they make it to the roof of the neighbors shed and make their fruit up there. It's very late for the garden this year, we hope we get some ripe squash, they are great keepers and we usually have squash until spring  in the cabinet designed for potatoes,onions, etc. This was worked very wet with built up washes and lots of over painting.

Palette: VanDyke brown, Prussian Green, Hooker Green, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Prussian Blue, Lamp Black

I'm planning on posting one painting experience a week, when this ends. Please visit Doodlewash  
if you are interested in starting to watercolor. There are lots of talented and beginners there, and the community and shared information is wonderful. There are continuing challenges to get a newbie or pro to paint!

Please don't forget Dreaming Zebra Foundation
 the above supports art materials for children...
take a peek.

Disclaimer: Any products I am using are not a recommendation, but only for reference for the reader's use. I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies or products, or have I received compensation or products. 

My painting projects will be posted on Pinterest, Flickr and Facebook with the hashtag 














8 comments:

  1. All of them are beautiful but...WOW! That frog painting is stunning!Great job!!!Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you---he's fat and happy, grins, have a nice weekend too.

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful, Sandi but the last one resonates deeply with me. It reminds me of what a watercolor painting of the lake cabin we had growing up would have looked like. I immediately feel a sense of calm looking at it. Looking forward to the next set of your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I totally agree---Marie, and thank you. Green is a calming color---underused I think in interiors. I can't give up my green background for this site---as it just is my favorite, same as my living room walls. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I Love the Frog painting best! I'm catching up on everyone's Blogs tonight so will be going thru everyone's Archived Posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Dawn---that's my favorite also! We have two itty bitty frogs in our pond...so this large one is imagined.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your watercolors at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!