Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Sunflowers Deux

 Ad-Free Blog

I love Sunflowers and a few years back I spent an entire month playing with watercolors and one of the prompts was sunflowers. 

With the mess this year, I'm behind with everything so I've been doing some Link Parties with some old posts. Our garden has been challenged, so how about some sharing some old sunflowers...from better gardening days.

These are some of my favorite sunflower posts!



oldnewgreenredo

I love this color!



This was a bird 'planted' sunflower.


oldnewgreenredo


We had some 12 footers by the flag pole in a raised bed. Crazy wind here also.


The weight of this one altered the shape.

oldnewgreenredo
I planted some 12 footers in the garden one year and they went TO the telephone wires.



oldnewgreenredo

Broken heads are great bird feeders.

Sun or shade we have luck with the bush ones. Goldfinches love these!!

oldnewgreenredo

A smaller variety of Autumn Sunset.

This year I planted 6 foot Scarlet Sunflowers, but they are lost next to the neigbor's bamboo...which must love the humidity and the heat....for it is so thick and large this year.


Sunflowers are critter attractors...who of course need no help bending the flowers.

oldnewgreenredo

Aftermath gigantic flower heads, the large one is sitting on a wood 16" bench and back.

oldnewgreenredo

My sunflower painting...

I'm not sure if I worked from memory or photos...

I was featured here:


I Was Featured at I Made it Monday Link Party



How does YOUR
Garden Grow???

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will be sharing at these fine Parties!






All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi








2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, Sandi! I love sunflowers too -- they're so pretty and so happy. Very showy, too. You don't need many to make a wonderful bouquet. Your pix are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, this year we didn't have many, and too hot to take photos of those we do have! Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!