Friday, August 25, 2023

Fabulous Friday Photos and Memories

 Ad-Free Blog


oldnewgreenredo

When I transferred into my new computer I lost two years of photos in the transfer...when you think of relying on computers for your life...it really is a shame when a Ka-FLooey erases history.

Luckily, I at least had my Google photos from my blog...while scanning through those---thousands, I pulled a few OLD favorites. Some very old...and thought I would share them as Fabulous Friday Photos.

Fall, hopefully is on its way. Yesterday we had the highest temp, 100+, and heat index, 120+, ever in the Chicagoland Area. It was stifling with our humidity, but this morning it is dreary and cooler. 
Thank goodness.

The Fall arrangement above is one of my favorites, because it has some of my favorite flowers and lots of naturals and textures:

Delphiniums


Black eyed Susans, 

Sunflowers, 


Queen Anne's Lace, 

The sparkly thing on the right is 


'Spooky Spider', a cute Dollar Store spider.

This is was when our grandgirl was small and chose the non-spooky Halloween decor from my storage bins. She placed him on an old lantern and that was my porch decor for most of Fall.

The enameled container is a huge gallon or more coffee pot with a wood handle, I found at a farm yard sale probably 40 years ago. I dragged it home without a lid and a tiny hole in the bottom and my hubby wrinkled his nose. Oh, well--it's perfect for arrangements.

I often wondered where anyone needed an enamel coffeepot that large, then I recalled the huge coffeepots at my first job at 14 waiting on banquet tables at Dania Hall. We were a bunch of young girls of members, who often waited on tables for 350 or more at banquets. My great-aunt, Gudren, was the cook there for large events. The coffeepots were even larger in that kitchen, and were lifted by two ladies into the dumb-waiter to go upstairs banquet hall. Not an easy feat.

 Danish coffee is always the drip sort, boiling water poured over grounds in the large baskets lined with linen cloth. It was a tedious process, as large pots were slower to drain, but the coffee was the BEST ever, and the smell overran the huge and busy kitchen at Dania.

Memories for the Day from one photo:
Favorite flowers
Grandgirl choosing Halloween decor
Antiquing for a Coffee Pot
First Job waiting banquet tables at Dania
The smell and taste of Danish Coffee

ALL these fabulous memories from one photo!
 
Friday Fabulous Photos and Memories
 
Do You have special 
Memories from your Photos?

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will be sharing at these fine Parties!\









All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi













8 comments:

  1. I do indeed have memories spur on from one photo (in fact, some of today's post does just that for me). I loved reading about your days serving the coffee as a teen. I'm not a coffee drinker but I bet Rick would love Danish coffee! Your flower are so beautiful, but then you have the greenest thumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Jeanie, the arrangement is all faux, and yes, your post was similar. I just read it today...I think I will do this at least once a week, since I'm not ready to make anything new, or able to even begin to photo the house which is slowly falling---sooooo slowly, back together. Hugs and thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you lost your photos - that's a huge fear of mine. I love reviewing older photos, reviving forgotten memories and noticing odd details - outfits, etc. ... Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've been digging and finding so many on documents and even some old emails...amazing what a computer does hold onto that you really dont' know about!!! Thanks for stopping by Jeanne!

      Delete
  3. I it amazing the memories that come back when you look at old photos! So sorry you lost so many when you did the transfer...hope you cool off soon!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool isn't a word here it's an imaginary existance we had two days with the windows openna and then poof, back to 90's!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to hear you lost so many photos. I hate when technology fails us like that. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I've been digging and finding some in mails and on documents...so we will plug along! Sand

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!