Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Fall Touches in our Vintage Kitchen

oldnewgreenredo


Ad-Free Blog

Fall Touches...I looked around the kitchen this morning and it was clean for a change. Yesterday I scampered about the yard, battening down the hatches because of a wind/storm threat and snapped off a bunch of flowers just in case they got wiped out.



A little of this and that, as I've said before our summer was so hot and the flowers were stunted and now are exploding everywhere, just in time for the frost.

The arrangement echos all the colors in my fruit thrift store tablecloth. Nice and wide and long for our large table and only $2.99 never washed tag still on it. 

Behind the table in the corner is the hutch. I only added my few hydrangea blossoms to dry. I haven't located any major fall decor---as our basement is still in plumbing alteration mode. ---meaning I can't find anything.



oldnewgreenredo

My container is an old porcelain tea canister I found this summer. It has transfers on all four sides...and in my favorite blue and white.  

oldnewgreenredo

Add a stuffed pumpkin and my mom's antique coffee grinder. 



oldnewgreenredo

My cookbook counter has a coordinating??? tablecloth in soft fall tones. We had a frost warning last weekend, so I brought in the plants I winter in the house over the weekend.

oldnewgreenredo

My Rex begonia I thought was dead---but revived in the cooler days. It also has an annual impatiens and a grass. We will see what makes it.

oldnewgreenredo

We love naturals, and here are some gourds and mini pumpkins. Some from my plants fostered and a few E planted in her backyard. Funny my gourd plants did nothing here and she had tons of gourds---all different kinds.

oldnewgreenredo

Another thrift store find...this sweet kitty pumpkin...her ears are scraped a bit, and Im tossed between painting them or scraping them some more...

My mom's ancient Settlement Cookbook---

oldnewgreenredo

The Mandilla is on the end in full bloom---and twining away...Happiness is Homemade sign---only new thing I purchased for Fall---at 70% off. Honestly the seasons are so rushed in the stores now...it's crazy. Life is flying by enough, already. 

oldnewgreenredo

We had many a gathering here with family this year. We are having Thanksgiving this year, but not much else.

oldnewgreenredo

I love sunflowers...and pulled out a faux bush, now that they are done in the yard.

oldnewgreenredo

Normally if I serve buffet style off the island. I can't remember what it was like when this kitchen didn't have the island. It functions so well...and this little end I always have something going on! Right now it is 'harvest' for sure. Antique pickling crock, enamel coffee pot, grandmother's crocks, more gourds and peppers that are to go to our neighbor---we had SO many this year.
oldnewgreenredo

The sink is seldom empty, and here is the basil I need to process for the refrigerator and freezer. I need to buy garlic, olive oil and pine nuts to make pesto, this afternoon.
I still have to dry a huge crop of Sage and Majoram. Also, bring in the Thyme and Parsley plants.

oldnewgreenredo

The busiest place in the kitchen is our coffee station....pumpkin spice is always nice!


Staples, actually some need filling...

oldnewgreenredo

The workaholic in the kitchen the toaster/convection oven. Use this constantly for two people...it's perfect. Plus throws off less heat in the summer. Now we turn the stove oven on for dinner and taking the chill off.

oldnewgreenredo

I haven't done anything above the stove, yet. I still have some heirlooms that are inaccessible at the moment planned for this shelf! 
Almost everything is inherited or thrifted in our home.
 I love the hunt and let's face it, old stuff was made to last!

oldnewgreenredo

Last bit of clean counter---more staples...in our family antique blue jars. My mom-in-law's Kitchen Aide. Love it, except it is so HEAVY! My old mixer went to my kids.

oldnewgreenredo

Hope you enjoyed this, since my kitchen was clean...
now to go mess it up with PESTO!

If You enjoyed this post please FOLLOW IT in the upper right hand corner, to get just one email of each AD-Free post.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.


Thanks ALWAYS for visiting!


OldNewGreenRedo










 


18 comments:

  1. There are so many beautiful fall touches in your breakast nook and kitchen area, Sandi! It's all so pretty. I love that you can just hop outside your front door and pick some flowers. That is on my bucket list to have one day too! I've never seen a cat pumpkin like that before - it's super cute and perfect for this time of year! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Coco. It wasn't a planned post---it just was actually clean, lol. Hard when you cook 3 meals a day all week. Thanks again, Sandi

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, Sandi. I regret to say I've not pulled out one fall thing, apart from a ratty old door wreath and I'm getting a bit of autumn envy (and inspiration!) from this. Love the flowers so much, too. Mine are all gone. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW, Jeanie. honestly I've have had the same non-decorating issue. We have the warm wood tones here, so it doesn't take much to swing it to Fall. And, the gift of the gourds and our own pumpkin made that part easy. We had 5 garden pumpkins this year....YAY! One got baked already because it was wanting to turn! Hugs, Sandi

      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  3. This was so lovely! I enjoyed the tour of your fall kitchen. Very homey and welcoming. I could enjoy sitting down there with you for a cup of tea. Happy Fall/Autumn/Harvest season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, please come over any time...lol! Pumpkin spice is always in the pot this time of year!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandi, I love seeing your kitchen and all the good stuff you have going on there. (Your china pieces are so amazing!!!) I'm going to bring in my mint plant/pots this week, I'm hoping they'll survive in the house. Homemade pesto sounds wonderful! I'm so sorry my blog gives you trouble, but thanks so much for wading thru it all and leaving a comment. So good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debra. Thanks so much for stopping by. On the mint, I buried a few mint plant pots in the compost pile---just the roots in the pots and covered them with dirt. I separated the roots and got 12 plants in spring out of the two pots...I'll be doing it again. UPSIDE its way cheaper than buying them! I'm drying what I cut off, for tea, etc.

      Delete
  5. Hello. The blue designed pot on a counter is excellent. Asian design? The pumpkin lightened inside looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm not sure which one you mean. The one with the rex begonia is definitely asian/China and maybe 20 years or so old, the one with flowers on the table is a tea canister...porcelain and unmarked...with English type transfers---not sure where it would be from as it probably had a paper sticker at one time. Thanks so much for your interest and visit, Sandi

      Delete
  6. I absolutely loved the tour of your fall kitchen. How pretty!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A clean kitchen is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Thanks for the tour of yours, with all of it's fall touches. It's hard to believe that it's late October - fall is flying by. I have my mother's ancient Settlement cookbook, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Amy it is rare---we cook 3 meals a day, seldom go out, and well it is always a mess! I thought of you when I posted the photo---as we share this wonderful tradition of food and immigration. The sticky pages are the best, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  8. Sandi,
    Oh I love all of your fall kitchen ideas, especially all of your mason jars. I have an extreme fondness for them.
    Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things.
    I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2022/10/last-thursday-favorites-party-in-october.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, Bev. I still use jars even in my drawers. The real catch was the 1/2 gallon ones found by my M-in-Law. Thanks so much, for the feature! Sandi

      Delete
  9. Looks like you're all ready for fall. Love the sunflowers! Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 163 for Fall Crafts and Décor. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...I've been behind this year! Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!