Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Halloween Treats with Kids!

Ad-Free Blog


Two easy food projects for kids for Halloween. First is of course sugar cookies....take an easy cookie mix and stir up according to directions.

 We like the bags that you don't have to add fresh eggs to, so eating little snitches of cookie dough are safe. 

Color the doughs any way you wish, for this batch we chose orange and yellow. You can always add extra flavor to your doughs using flavorings---a little goes a long way.
 
Oldnewgreenredo

We always have cake decorations, marshmallows, raisins or chocolate chips. Of course EYEBALLS are a definite must and colored cookie frostings. You can't beat the premade tubes and they are shelf stable for quite awhile.

Oldnewgreenredo

After rolling out the cookies and baking them, the best part is decorating---which is also the most fun. We chose easy fall and Halloween shapes.

Oldnewgreenredo

With kids---remember it is the process not the results they are interested in! Just let them go....!

Another favorite at our house is....homemade 
Rice-Krispy Treats. I made a pan ahead of time, mostly because it gums up so quickly. I was out of sticks, so I used separated washed clothespins as handles. I stuck those in when the bars were still a bit warm, or you do them with some frosting/or candymelts to use as glue.

Oldnewgreenredo

We used up some candymelts melted in the microwave to frost the bars. This is a great way to use up odds and ends--Purple is great for Halloween.


Oldnewgreenredo

Same cast of products as with cookies...and different cookie frostings (not cake frostings). 

Oldnewgreenredo

These are so fun...bag them and they will hold until Spooky Day--Maybe....lol.
I wonder if we can make elves for the Holidays ---So MUCH FUN! 
Great project for a whole bunch of kids at a table---let the Creativity Glow!

If You enjoyed this post please FOLLOW IT in the upper right hand corner, to get just one email of each AD-Free post.

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.


Thanks ALWAYS for visiting!

I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.
Thank you for your cooperation,

I will post at the following Link Parties, I hope you visit them



 Sandi Magle







 

6 comments:

  1. These are both great ideas! I like the clothespin back-up. I find I use them for everything -- especially clip chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they worked better than popsicle sticks, which I usually have for crafting! Someone should do a post on using old clothespins...LOL. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! Love seeing the kids' creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy...these were so much fun! I think we will do them again on Sunday!

      Delete
  3. YUM! Kids love this type of activity. Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 168 for All Things Halloween. Tried to pin but it just wouldn't go thru, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a fun easy one...and they are so ugly and fun, taste is not bad either! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!