Monday, October 7, 2019

Thoughtful Moments #3 "Do you see...what I see?"


Ad-Free Blog

My oldest memories are of my favorite Fall seasons. I always loved warm sun on my back with a cool breeze licking my face.

oldnewgreenredo
Chippewa Flowage, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

Who wouldn't love the green world bursting into so many colors...and tones you can't imagine?

I loved to do my gradeschool artwork with chalk on black paper, leaves and grasses bright in Fall's display.

oldnewgreenredo
Fox River south of McHenry Dam
Dad was a fisherman, so my youngest memories are of throwing in a line with a cane pole and watching it drift with the current. Ripples on the water teasing the bobber and his earnest reminder to, 

"Wait for it to disappear." 

oldnewgreenredo
South of McHenry Dam
 Late afternoon October skies showering the water with diamonds, blinding in beauty.

oldnewgreenredo

Moraine Hills State Park Illinois
Our family had property in the middle of Wisconsin surrounded by fields, hills, and nestled on a small chain of lakes. I would take long walks along the creeks and across the fields, the ever changing landscape as it morphed from greens to golden tans and then to the subtle dead grays of November.


oldnewgreenredo
Lakewood Forest Preserve  Wauconda, Illinois

Even with the flowers long spent, the grasses and wild plants provided fascinating details and diversity.

oldnewgreenredo

Moraine State Park, McHenry County Illinois

Windswept delicate grasses and grains, strong enough to withstand the pounding fall rains and wave playfully in a breeze.

oldnewgreenredo
Moraine State Park McHenry County Illinois
The teasing angle of an Autumn Solstice sun, fiery when high and smoldering and smokey in dusky light as it lowers in the southwest.

oldnewgreenredo

Lakewood Forest Preserve Wauconda Illinois

Fleeting clouds or....a pink sunset, what do you see? 
When you stop long enough...

'to really SEE'. 

These photos are all mine---some as old as 2007. Color has yet to even begin to change in N.Illinois this year.

I'm thankful for each and every comment, and will try and answer every question.






8 comments:

  1. Your memories are lovely, as are your pictures. My little sisters and I also went with our father on many fishing trips and he had an artist's soul for appreciating all kinds of weather. I think we all learned that from him. And I married a man who is just as appreciative of weather and I love that it is something we share. When you wrote about doing artwork in fall during grade school it brought back memories of what a favorite time of the school day that was, especially during October through December. Our color has not begun yet either except for some pale golds and yellows that have to be due to our lack of rain and extreme heat until the last few days. Maybe by the end of the month we'll have some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dewena, thanks for your comments. I'm so happy that I jogged a few memories, that is the point for me for this series...taking life in little bits and putting it in perspective. Thanks again for the visit, and I hope your weather moderates. Up until last week we were in the high 80's to 90's since the 4th of July.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Maristella. I had quite a few to dig from---photos that is...as I have always loved Fall, and Happy Fall to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Well Sandi, I was seeing what you're seeing but now I'm watching snowflakes fall from the sky...you heard that right...SNOW! Want to trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it insane, 10 days ago we were in the 90's, hoping we get missed with the snow---we are putting plants in the greenhouse tomorrow, just in case...! (we had 8" last year this week of October)!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Holding our breath for the next change.!

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!