Saturday, July 20, 2019

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 20 Buildings- Chicago River View


Ad-Free Blog

You can't live in Chicago without being enthralled with the buildings---architecture, lakefront. Everywhere you look, is something fascinating. Chicago is a city of lift bridges over the Chicago River, north and south branch. This is the east end of the river towards the lake, looking west. 



The river is always some shade of green unless the sky is bright blue, then it is a bit more like navy/green.

The skyline is always changing from bricks, limestone, and now glass towers lining the river. To the middle right is the iconic Merchandise Mart with its green roofs and multi level rooftops. It's a beautiful building inside and out---and huge---miles of corridors and display rooms, offices, and exhibit spaces.

Palette:
Thalo Purple
Cerulean Blue
Prussian Blue
VanDyke Brown
Burnt Sienna 
Carmine
Hooker green
Yellow Green
Lemon Yellow
Lamp black

Paper: Gemini Mould Made #140 Hot Press 594-9
I liked this paper, and used it because I thought I could maintain straight lines on it, IF I could paint straight lines, lol.

Painted from a small part of a huge photo on Pinterest.

Thanks for looking: 

Disclaimer: Any products I am using are not a recommendation, but only for reference for the reader's use. I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies or products, or have I received compensation or products. 

My painting projects will be posted on Pinterest, Flickr and Facebook with the hashtag












4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Maristella. Chicago is a beautiful city---particularly our architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying the Gallery you're sharing of your Work Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally appreciate your comments. It's been lots of fun!

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!