Thursday, July 11, 2019

#WorldWatercolorMonth -Caught up days 9-11

PHEW....this will be a short post. I spent my extra time today painting three for the #WorldWatercolor Month challenge.

My Palette was getting empty---and in an effort to sharpen up my colors, I added Prussian Blue in addition to Cobalt and Cerulean,. and Carmine in the Thalo Red hole. Otherwise, I'm keeping the previous palette with these additions. I really need a bigger palette for mixing and keeping my colors pure.

I went back to sketchbook paper because I planned on these being quick!(ha, ha, ha)

Day 9 Shadow Play

I set up my Brush pot and my water glass, just as it was on the table, and I kept stealing the brushes and bumping them around. The pot is a large stoneware, cheese crock that once had a lid. The cup is a lime solo cup---! We keep it simple around here.


oldnewgreenredo

I tried to keep this simple, the shadows were concentrated on the blue pot. Shadows and reflections are interesting to play with. Here you can see the cobalt, cerulean, Prussian blues with the Thalo Purple for some of the shadows. 



Day 10 Ocean Creatures 

I included coral in this because it is a living creature and sadly disappearing, a few other critters are hiding as they do Unda-Da-Sea, (that song played in my head the whole time, such restraint to not paint a clown fish, also...LOL)


oldnewgreenredo


There's a crab and a few other hints of things. I went for lots of texture here and plants. I might use this theme in the future for some watercolor paper, something rough. 


oldnewgreenredo


Day 11  Simple Pleasures  

At our age, the first thing in the morning is a huge cup or two or three of coffee and a bit of cream. 
I have these huge red stoneware mugs that are nice and thick and keep the coffee hot---what could be more pleasurable? All my dishes are blue, red,  or blue and white. So, you see a lot of them. 
The cup has Thalo Red, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Carmine and Burnt Sienna. Lots going on for one cup of Pleasure...

Hope you had some fun today, I sure did. 


Disclaimer: Any products I am using are not a recommendation, but only for reference for the reader's use. I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies or products, or have I received compensation or products. 


My painting projects will be posted on Pinterest, Flickr and Facebook with the hashtag










8 comments:

  1. Gosh I wish I had half the artistic talent you have Sandi! Love all three but the ocean creatures painting has me swooning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very appreciated, Marie. When you are under water the sea life all hides...lol, so that's why I made the plants more important. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Lovely paintings!My favorite is the first one!Hugs,dear Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, I concentrated too much on the blue pot, but it's just a sketch, for relearning techniques. And, having some fun!

      Delete
  3. I especially like the cup and container paintings. I've got to get mine posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. Please let me know when you post---I know the posting thing seems to take more time than the paintings, lol.

      Delete
  4. WOW!! I wish I had talent like yours! I pretty much am able to draw stick figures.. My hand is not steady enough to paint. Thanks so much for stopping by!! No, we do not have Winter Kill here in NEPA..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Debbie, there are many styles of Watercolor. Think of Monet painting into his 80's with a brush taped to his hand and wrist...painting all those lily pads---he had horrid arthritis. You have to try sometime--just with a kid's paintbox, we paint with the Grand all the time for fun!

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!