Saturday, December 19, 2015

DIY Barbie House:Moving IN with Vintage


Well this is it, Barbie and Ken's moving week. I have been gone from blogland for a couple days, finishing up the furnishings and getting the plumbers, electrical, and appliances all hooked up. Such a lot of coordination to be done, somethings are still not ready. THIS is a totally OLD< NEW < GREEN>REDO>!

Let's see how Barbie and Chrissy like the new digs. Just listen to where all the furnishings came from!

oldnewgreenredo

DIY Barbie House, almost all moved in.


oldnewgreenredo


Chrissy: I love the rug you got at HL, and this little Goodwill settee is so comfy. And this awesome chest of drawers made from an old jewelry box. Neat paint job, a real REDO on a $3.99 jewelry box from Savers.

Gee, Barbie, what else do we have to do? My feet are killing me.

Barbie: Thanks, Chrissy, and for helping me hang the pictures and setup the bedroom and bath. Well,
 I still have to move clothes in and finish the bedding. There's lots of sewing left here. Don't you just love the pearl $1 'B' from Joann's and that's where I got my $1 green mirror. They're so classy, though.


oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: Sure is. What's the purple fabric for and are you going to do something with your Michael's headboard?

Barbie: The purple will be padded on the headboard and sewn for a bedskirt, and the pink and stripe will be cool sheets and comforter.

Don't you just love the lamps made from purple umbrella ornaments and wood candlesticks from Walmart and Michael's?

Chrissy: Sure do, can't wait to see the chandeliers you ordered. When are they coming? I love all your IKEA frames too---really an inexpensive, unbreakable for kid's artwork or photos.


oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Chandeliers are coming on Sunday, and hopefully I will sew the bedding by then. There is room under this custom bed made by Grampa to hide most of my clothes. I have a closet in the bathroom, but it isn't big enough for everything.


oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: Looking through this cool window---with the Barbie logo design. You are so lucky,  I bet your little girlperson will be so happy to see your new house on Christmas!

Barbie: Oh, I hope so, but we still have to decorate the livingroom tree, wrap presents, bake cookies, and I need to wash up and change clothes for the supper, tonight.

oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: Let's go see what you have in the closet.  Wow, the bathroom is so big and bright, and I love the window---it matches the window in the bedroom. Love the tub and the tiled planter. Plants will look great in there.

Barbie: I have some hot pink in here, I had to have it somewhere, LOL. I have lots of storage.

oldnewgreenredo

Cabinets by the toilette, and I did find a box of small Christmas trees. The wood cabinets were on sale at Michael's for $1.00 each, I spray painted them and glued them together.

Chrissy: Love the cabinet, and bottle trees are so in now, they look great. Show me your closet.



oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: My closet is FAB! and was a DIY-- REDO of a Mattel Barbie Vending Machine that was broken. I found it at GoodWill for $1.99 full of all these shoes and purses! Now, it has great shelves for towels and stuff. Gramma even made me a clothes hamper and the vending machine part makes a great closet. (And the bathroom window and bedroom window were made from the plastic back---REALLY!)

oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: I love the hamper and you have all this great storage for towels and sheets. Where's the TP?


oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: I sent Ken out for TP and bread for supper. Speaking of supper, I'm hungry, let's go downstairs and grab a snack.


oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Good thing we came down...the cupcakes for dessert are ready to come out of the oven.

Chrissy: I love the kitchen, it's so cozy and the dropleaf on the table really works. You have everything you need right there. And so much storage in your cabinets and shelving.

Barbie: Grampa built the cabinets, but the shelf was $1.99 from Savers. It was too big, so he cut it.
I made a great batch of cupcakes, don't you think! My favorite thing is the dishwasher...Never had a DW in the apartment.

oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: I love your shelves and the stove--- a custom-made stove is awesome. Your Grandpa is so handy!



oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: The Farmer cookbook and all the food stuffs were from goody bags at Savers, or from Gramma's craft stashes. The cute strainer was from Great Grandma, and was an ornament.

Bing! Two more trays of cupcakes, I'm getting hungry for supper! Help me whip up a salad to go with the spaghetti.

oldnewgreenredo


Chrissy: There's so much room in your fridge, wow look at the crisper drawer and the great bins of vegetables. Remember when we all sat down at the trial kitchen? Before it was done?

oldnewgreenredo

Midge: Your antique store table and chairs will work great for the kitchen Ken. Barbie looks like a chef at the counter, she is ready to bake already!

oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: You were so great to help me Chrissy, filling the kitchen with all my things. Gosh, we have worked hard today. You take the salad to the dining room and I will take the drinks. Oh, the mixer was so cool and an ornament, only $3.74. The faucet came in a goody bag at a garage sale along with other stuff, cheap---50 cents.

oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: What a wonderful diningroom setting Barbie! I put the salad in the middle of the table. Where did you get it?

Barbie: Online, Silly! Only about $17.00 and all the dishes, silverware, and glasses came with. And a rosebud vase I moved upstairs.

Chrissy: Where did you get the cool lamp and buffet, can I have a piece of cheese from the platter there. Love the lamp!
 
oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: The lamp was a cool buy from the Dollar Store, and I got Ken one for the 'Man Cave' downstairs. Have some cheese and we have soda and water, I'm saving the 'sparkling juice' on the table for dinner. The buffet was 'barbie pink' and has one working drawer and was vintage from GoodWill, I think, only 99cents


oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: Such a festive table, love the green and red, perfect for Christmas! And who doesn't love spaghetti?

oldnewgreenredo

And, Your chandelier will look perfect above the table, Barbie.

oldnewgreenredo
And I really think the shelf is so smashing, where's that from?

Barbie: Grampa cut the bottom off the Savers shelf in the kitchen...and it just makes a great book shelf. Can't wait until all my books and things arrive.

oldnewgreenredo

 Chrissy: There's so much still to do...the tables aren't done yet, I see.

Barbie: Just a little paint, and the coffeetable gets a new silver top. I know, and the upholsterer is behind...can't wait for the turquoise and printed big couch from GoodWill to get done...and I'm so over that pink couch from IKEA, it has a slip cover in pink too, but I'm getting it done in the stripes. Cool, huh?


oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: All that extra soft foam will make it so comfy, I love the coordinating fabrics.

Add caption

I'm over that hot pink in every room too! Where's the Christmas tree going to go!

Barbie: Right where the white chair is, I hope it will fit, it's really tall. I think I hear Ken's car outside, let's go down and see.


oldnewgreenredo

Barbie: Where can Ken be, the car is in the garage? (The car is a remote control--(not working) pristine vintage Barbie Jeep from Goodwill for $4.99) It's pushable though and makes a great noise...and steers!

oldnewgreenredo

 Chrissy: Well he got all the tools hung up, such a neat garage...! And even room for the lawn furniture!


oldnewgreenredo


 Barbie: Great new garbage can on wheels, Ken must have brought that home?

oldnewgreenredo
Well this is the ManCave. See it even has its own Welcome to the ManCave, sign--an ornament from Walmart.  Gramma built the desk and the shelves came from GoodWill. The couch came from there too, and the brown chair is getting upholstered and came from IKEA so did the TV shelf. Go Cubs...well you know Ken...Go Chicago all the way. I got him a gorgeous, BEARS mirror for the wall by the desk--for Christmas, I'm going to wrap it and everything!

oldnewgreenredo

Chrissy: That's so COOL! I bet Ken has more sport's stuff...he's already been snacking down here, LOL. The chair looks familiar, does it match the one up stairs?

Barbie: Yes, it does, there is a table in the garage and a white one to use on the garage door patio!

Chrissy: Cool, maybe we can BBQ when the weather is nicer. Where's the bathroom?

oldnewgreenredo


Barbie: Right around the corner. The sink is salvaged from a Barbie bathkit from some bags she found at Savers? Gramma, redid it and the cabinet too, looks like she found some great knobs for Ken. The toilet was pink and new from Mattel at Walmart, but she gave it a wood tone. 

I love the tile made from scrapbookpaper and ModgePodge, both from Michael's. The shower was from the same bath kit as the sink, but Grampa made a new bottom from a margarine lid and of course we painted and painted and painted it, with enamel. He made a cool drain with a countersunk washer...who knew?

Chrissy: GEE, Barbie! This house is OLD< NEW< GREEN >REDO> from top to bottom. 


oldnewgreenredo

Barbie:  Sure is!  Even Ken's ManCave is cool. The perfect IKEA table to put up my feet and watch the tree lights blink on and off. I'm too tired to even watch TV.

Chrissy: If This couch is getting a new cover too, it could use a little stuffing or foam.

Barbie: I don't know...Ken takes too many naps now!

Barbie: Let's just turn on the TV and watch "It's a Wonderful Life!" to be continued: 

The dollhouse posts:




All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions or posts. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle


Thanks, always for stopping by during this busy season! 
Have a MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope to link to the following parties!
Pink Saturday 
Show and Tell Friday 



Sandi

OLDNEWGREENREDO



14 comments:

  1. Oh Sandi! It looks like absolute perfection! What fun you have had to create this masterpiece! I know your Grand is going to love it...what a labor of love. Merry Christmas my friend! Will be excited to see what you are up to in 2016! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, You earned the golden star for best grandma of 2015! This is so awesome and you and your husband were so creative and clever in making this for your special little girl. I have a feeling that she'll be playing with this for years to come. I even showed this to my husband and he was really impressed. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so much fun---I picked up some of those Barbies at Goodwill...and they seem to be enjoying it, the brunette, looks just like the Grand's Mom, and Ken looks like my son, and they live in a townhouse---so this is close to what there life is like.

      Hubby and I have had a ball---and thanks for the encouragement. After Christmas, I'm doing tutorials on some of the furniture transformations...but right now, I have to be the seamstress and upholsterer...LOL.

      Merry Christmas! to yo and your sweet cottage. Sandi

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! This is absolutely amazing!! Your attention to detail is beyond belief!! This is a true work of art!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some.....say we are a bit crazy...lol, Thanks and Merry Christmas Debbie!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by---it has been fun! Merry Christmas, Sandi

      Delete
  5. This is awesome!!!! Love it! I just shared it with my dear Bebe and we both laughed and laughed at your "play by play" action between Barbie and Chrissy. Thanks so much for sharing it with "Let's Talk Vintage!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, Jillian, Ken shows up w/o TP...lol. And I finally found Bears flannel sorta to scale...will give the mancave it's growl...Thanks for hosting and laughing...we were laughing as I typed it. Merry Christmas!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Sandi! Except for the Cubs sign (lol), this has got to be the most amazing Barbie house EVER!! This was truly a labor of love and I 'll bet you had a blast putting it together. Lucky grandbaby! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, I haven't replied to by mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi! My daughter and I are back again, enjoying your Barbie house all over again. Still clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hoping to start again with the Victorian. I have a slew of goodies stashed for that. Actually picked up a 'leather' look OLD sofa for the Victorian. Grins, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!