Ad-Free Blog
We found out last Wednesday (the 1st) we could start moving into our Antique booth at Volo Antique Malls, Volo, Illinois. The original plan was to be mid-month, but carpeting went down faster, and electricity got installed. SO it's....SCRAMBLE-ARAMA!
I had been processing and pricing products and had maybe 6 totes (lost count) of products ready, but nothing else.
Here's our insane timeline!
Thursday: My partner in crime in all this, just got back from overseas on Tuesday. We did a quick survey on Thursday night, and on....
Friday: we both popped over to assess what had to be done. We juggled and moved shelving, and we cleaned, cleaned, cleaned...and then planned on painting some of the units and touching up others. We also planned to use some sticky moss green paper to darken some of the shelving. Green goes with everything, and I'm personally done looking at gray everywhere in this world now.
Saturday: Hubby and I went up alone and he helped me stabilize all the shelving and anchored them to the walls-safety first! We also had a huge ladder, which would really help in hooking up the electrical across the top of the cabinets and dropping it down. I stayed and worked a bit on the green stickum paper...yes, it is the perfect color to show off white and tan items, which get washed out on light surfaces.
It took 3 1/2 hours to do 2/3 of one side...UGH!
Sunday: The next day I added breaker boxes..and drilled a bunch of holes to run cords through and then set the cords with conduit holders and screws. Screwing and drilling through MDF is a PAIN! And holes big enough to put a grounded plug through...oh, I was sore.
MEANWHILE Vin-(E)--(I'm Tique) painted one shelving unit completely, finished the green shelves and helped touch up the others, while I fuddled with the anchoring and all the electrical cords.
After Sunday, Tired but excited!
We are Vintage and Antique. VIN~TIQUES! There is 25 years difference in our ages, Vin E keeps me young...
Monday: With a clean booth and updated ...we were all set to go. We brought in totes of priced merchandise, and added two small fold up tables with cloths over them to hide all our equipment and staging 'stuff'! Even one day's work of merchandising helped.
WE FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS on Monday!
Tuesday: With a few distractions...E and I managed to get 7 bins of antiques, up and a few props and took a few more photos! And even had time to do some errand running.
$$$ FIRST SALE: Deer Feet and a set of Antlers of E's.
$$$ Second Sale: Hadley Cream and Sugar, and a medium cleaver...a duplicate of another I have from the family Fishmarket.
Wednesday: I stopped at E's and picked up some great pieces, had a table in the car, cart, and 6 totes. Worked on my own, left E's tote for her tomorrow. I managed to take a bunch of photos...the whole booth photo, first.
End of week ONE!
Thursday: We have Plans for tomorrow including Lamps, spotlights, banner, a long table and hopefully, the lighted glass corner cabinet, and MORE TOTES. Heres a few photos I took Wednesday!
Our temporary sign was trimmed for one night, hopefully the 12' banner will go up tomorrow.
This section is MCM...with lots of McCoy, Haeger, pulp 50-60's books, and some fun greens and creams.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for any and all comments. I have been forced to do comment moderation, so your comments and questions won't appear immediately, but will be monitored twice a day. Then I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!