Ad-Free Blog
Dear Readers and Friends...
First, sad news, I have to acknowledge Dear Mary from Home is Where the Boat Is...who sadly, passed away. We will ALL miss her.
When I started this blog, it was Mary that showed me what excellence, creativity and good nature meant in a Blog. She inspired me to try....but, I've never excelled the way she did. Mary shared so many wonderful ideas with her followers. I had many exchanges with her over the years, her photos, her flowers, recipes and her love for the holidays. The sweet puppies, the chairs by the lake, the boat rides, her joyful Skellies!
Bless you sweet Mary and your family, you will be missed now and forever in our blog world.
Second, I've been missing from posting...I'm healthy and fine, but I'm opening an antique booth in the best Antique Mall in Northern Illinois this month.
Volo Antique Malls are located in Volo, Illinois, just a quick jaunt from my home. I have decided to downsize all my treasures which have taken over our home, closets, garage and basement.
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU...and I'm still dealing with inheritance of my own familys' stuff. My kids don't want it all..and those things without memories or family connections are leaving!
I do have all my Etsy stock, and I've all but closed my Etsy shop (Etsy's fees and their weighted advertising-your paying for your own promoting ended it for me) after 13 years.
I will also be selling on Ebay, hopefully in November, a doll /miniatures shop for all my creative bits and all the excess of my doll 'hobby'.
Vintage dolls, refreshed, and redressed in NEW clothes.
I love fixing up and redoing vintage dolls. And I have lots of excess furniture, and bits and pieces perfect for doll playing, collecting or just display...stay tuned.
Meanwhile nothing is getting done in our home...I pulled out photos from early on in my blog years. 2015...to 2018
and I'm posting a few very old fall photos here....
This pumpkin was from a few years back....
Our garden was drowned this year...and we did have a humungous crops of bugs, weeds and withered plants, drowned by our record rains. All my Illinois gardening experience has been based on Drought conditions... but the heat and wet, has been a new experience and our clay ground wasn't helpful at all.
Yesterday I filled three huge garbage cans of garden waste, not suitable for composting because of mold, disease, bugs and rot.
We have moss growing on everything, rocks, wood, even on the aluminum of the greenhouse.
I'll have to BUY pumpkins???? this was actually from 2016?
Halloween is just weeks away...
In the past, these were all home grown...not this year!
We will put SOMETHING UP...depends on when we move into the Mall, sometime mid month.
A 78 year old, very busy here...pricing, sorting, angsting...stay tuned and I'll share more, soooooooon, (I promise!)
Thanks always for visiting.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for any and all comments. I have been forced to do comment moderation, so your comments and questions won't appear immediately, but will be monitored twice a day. Then I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!