Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Thoughtful Moments #1

Always Ad-Free

A Wednesday Morning a little after 6 AM.


It's not often I'm up before a sunrise. But the days are growing shorter and the sun rises almost straight east now, over our neighbor's house. 


The tiniest sliver of a moon, soaked in a pink wisp of a cloud. 
It's so quiet early in the morning, no traffic noise, no television, 
no drone of the air conditioner. Birds slept. 



I watched the clouds, spin and unfurl, rolling in their pink glory.
They changed and morphed, excited to begin a new day.



Pink is supposed to mean Sailor's Warning, 
but as the day wakened, 
the sun rose yellowing, 
 the birds sang, a car door slammed, 
and traffic hummed in the distance.

My day began with this thoughtful moment; 
I couldn't paint a prettier sunrise?

I'm thankful for each and every comment, and will try and answer every question.






13 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Sandi! One of my favorite things to do when we go to Mexico is to walk a couple of blocks along the sandy beach to a sandspit where the sunrises between the rock formations and it is breathtaking. A beautiful way to start a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the Mexico sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous. I grew up on Lake Michigan as did my husband, and visiting either hometown, I always want to catch a sunrise. Thanks for stopping by Marie, have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Sandi, such beauty. We tend to sleep through a lot of life's beautiful moments. I must do better..Beautiful photos..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I agree with you!...Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yes, well 4 something in the morning is not my cup of tea, LOL. Already the sun rises past the middle pane of my window and behind all the tall trees. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous photos, Sandi! Makes me want to set my alarm and see the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank-you---I'm honored by a comment from a master photographer! The cool part was it kept changing in a matter of less than five minutes. Thank-you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love gorgeous Sunrises and Sunsets... I recently tried to capture a Sunset that was so Surreal looking, I'd never seen anything like it before! The Sun was behind a very Ornate Thundercloud as it was setting and giving the brightest Halo Effect around the entire Cloud that I'd ever seen... it took your breath away. Sadly, my Phone Camera didn't capture the Magnificence of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn...Phones are good on things up close, long shots you end up doing lots of cutting enhancing etc. I can imagine with so few trees by you---the vistas are huge...Here you have to find a naked hill somewhere to see anything. Those elms I shot over are over 80 foot high. Hugs, and thanks for stopping!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful skies! It's wonderful that you were able to capture it. I too often rush for my camera only to have that extra 5 minutes change the light drastically. I loved your words here describing how you felt about the heavenly view you had that morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I had the camera sitting on the counter from a food shoot the day before. Thanks so much for stopping by Dewena. Sometimes we need to just stop and take it all in!

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!