Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Midwest Gardening STORM November 2018

AD-Free Blog

For those of you who follow my Chicagoland gardening posts---
this post pretty much ends the gardening year! 
Sunday afternoon and evening through the next morning, we were blasted with 50mph winds from the NE and a wicked storm coming up from the SE...rain/ice/sleet/snow to the tune of 10"+.

Oldnewgreenredo

The three trees in our frontyard..take on a Whoville look, and one has been topped I dont' even know for sure where the top went.


Oldnewgreenredo

You can see the mosaic bowling/gazing ball with it's cap. I took these pics on Tuesday---we spent 1/2 of Monday digging out, wasn't in the mood for photos.

oldnewgreenredo

Those two lumps are the fishing pond kids. 

oldnewgreenredo

I slogged through 10+inches in the east yard to put the last of the tools away. I don't know how much kitchen waste will be going in the composter.

oldnewgreenredo

This morning we already long icicles. Sun is as fierce as winter storms. Oh, a comment on the dish---which basically is a pain in the butt in bad weather. We will be shopping for another alternative, soon.

oldnewgreenredo
More on the garage---note all the decor---frosted...LOL. Tie a few bows on and I'll be done.

oldnewgreenredo

Still is something magical about icicles, unless you are bonged by them.

oldnewgreenredo

I had removed all the Fall decor---but missed this lamp, bow, and the leaves on the wreath.

oldnewgreenredo

Our mailbox...now a snow mound

oldnewgreenredo

Already a snow piled almost 4 feet high next to the driveway.

oldnewgreenredo

Sore muscles forgotten as I take photos today. Every branch is encrusted in glorious sparkles.

oldnewgreenredo

The poor birds, the feeders need more seed. 
Our outside Christmas decorating may be a bit curtailed this year.
I suppose the seed catalogs are only a few weeks away, LOL!


All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown or anywhere I shop.


Thanks ALWAYS for visiting!

I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!