AD-Free Blog
If you have been following me for awhile, you may have noticed my shop, BarberryLane on Etsy, has disappeared from the right column. I have only 4 items up in that shop now, compared to the 200-300 listings I usually had. So what are WE going to do with it all?
E's, my partner in crime

Mine
Yes, the economy is awful...but people are thrifting and buying used, and my gosh we've been in this house for 42 years. And, YIKES, it is SO FULL.
Solution sell it piecemeal, or FIND A Selling Space! And we DID!

E is Vin....and I'm Tique...LOL.
PLUS, My partner E is younger, stronger, and a bit quirky and has fabulous collections and ideas. She moved from a larger condo/townhouse to a small tiny lake house and it is over-stuffed with goodies.

We have been thrifting together for 20 years now, and well we need to release some of all those
"Wonderful Things" to new owners.

So, after hitting a dozen Malls/shops in NE Illinois, we settled on VOLO Antique Malls; three connected buildings, family run for over 34 years and an old favorite to visit. There are 300 dealers, many from the beginning. We were very lucky to get a space.
This will be our space, and waiting for the owner to vacate Oct.1....
UPSIDE, new carpet and lattice/pegboard will be added, and we are inheriting 6 of the display cases for FREE.
(I was seriously worried about display pieces.)
No need now!
The space measurements are roughly 8.5' wide x13' deep
None of these items are ours, the current dealer has been here since the beginning and is simply retiring. She always had great things, good prices and this super location in the middle building with no stairs, easy in and out, and near the main desk for the whole complex.
There are two bookcases, 9.5x 50 inches deep along the right wall with super divisions for vignettes. Whee!....a display dream. I really like when you can group items by color or coordinated by style. These cases where they are as they are connected to the walls. A good cleaning and some fresh paint touch-ups...and we will be good to go with these.
This back wall bookcase has only 9" deep shelves and is also permanent, we are planning on painting this a medium dark color/green/gray, depending on the new carpet's color.
The original owner is in the middle of reducing her stock. We were tempted, but we have enough goodies of our own. Stock will not be a problem for a long time.
There are also 3 white bookcases that 30"wide by 12" deep with flexible shelves which will be wonderful. I've drawn up some plans and we will be discussing some floor arrangement changes this week to add some open spaces for hanging items and small furniture pieces.
Of course there will be Blue, I think I have 15 or so extra blue jars and least 2 extra casseroles. E has lots of cream, yellow and mid-century.
Who knows, what will leave.
Also a plan for some displays down the middle. I have three long narrow tables (like the one above) or low cabinetry that can be brought in for display.
E has the one on the right- natorrp Ikea
E has two glass cabinets...and with new/lattice pegboard, that should do it.
Well, back to planning, thinking, and labeling.
We have Lots to do in 7 weeks, paint, rearrange,
FILL and DECORATE!
Delicious Late Fall,
Always a bit of Thanksgiving,
We must have Christmas,
We may skip Halloween, depends on how the space plays out and when we actually get in.
Yikes, there is a lot to DO!
Thanks always for visiting,
Join me at these fine blog parties:
All the opinions and photographs in
this blog are my own unless
identified, I have not been paid or
reimbursed in anyway for my
opinions, posts or any products
shown.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Sandi
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!