Thursday, July 23, 2026

Summer... I love Open Windows, Garden Food, Wash on the line...Bliss.

Ad-Free Blog

 

I dug in the archives for some old Summer photos...and some of these just made me smile...so I thought I would share them. My photo stockpile is hitting the 16k point and sooner or later I will have to purge, but not these photos of my blogging years of summer, enjoy...



What could be more summer than brilliant RED Geraniums in morning light?

 One of my first garden posts.


Last years crazy Phlox, they bloom and bloom.


Just smell the scents of free air...

My long gone Dragon Flies, they finally died after 16 years or so. Saved the pieces to try and make new ones.

Garden produce...probably an August photo.


I could do a whole post of just sunflower photos!


My favorite spot on the porch!!!


A library table with a top added, we can seat 8 friendly people here! Tablecloth cushions...all the furniture is covered in Cotton vintage tablecloths.
 

Hubby built the cabinet...with a seasonal sink. My wood painted artwork and ceramics are on the counter.


Granny's tablecloth...I think they were called Williamsburg lace, thick and cotton! Basically indestructible.


My Grandmother's cookie jar and coffee pot. My favorite for Poorman's Bouquets.



Earlier in summer/spring...summer morning light and fresh muffins!


Our huge windows in the kitchen face East and South...so lots of light all year long.


Fresh Strawberries and blue and white! One of my favorite tablecloths, thrifted.

Spring Peonies and strawberries...a thrifted Teapot!


My old kitchen, brown sticky cabinets from the Mediterranean period...I made it work with light wallpaper and lots of color. This basically was my pantry then. I still use jars for beans, noodles, spices, salt, popcorn, etc.


The first version of my utensil wall...it morphs and changes with different additions and removals. 2017, I think when we redid the kitchen.


The top shelf is a super for storing those big roasters my husband is obsessed with. His family cooked everything in the oven in roasters

When we redid the kitchen we added this super Ikea shelf full of my mom's cookbooks and grandgirls art supplies. It changes with the years...and the art stuff is going away soon.

A friend finished this cute towel that I thrifted half-stitched...so cute and it's always time for coffee!


I love using these red linens in late summer for sunflowers. I also have the HUGE tablecloth from this set, it was a splurge. I think it was Laura Ashley, I know I scoured the internet on ebay when the pattern was discontinued.


I've always loved vintage linens and have so many...look at all these French knots...so pretty!


Thrifted towels...these are so delicate and used variegated blue thread on the flowers...which makes them looks so detailed.


A thrifted collection, the brown pitcher was reproduction slag glas, the yellow bird was Czech, the silver on glass set really is lovely, and the moriage shaker I use to hold hatpins. The picture is 40-50's...and I'm hoping to put it in a new shop this Fall.


Close up of the lace...so pretty!



Summer in the bedroom....Organ top shelf holds treasures...I love whites in the summer and the blue walls are perfect with whites.


An other heavy cotton lace, I use this over my dark woods in summer.


This window has had 4 different pieces of furniture...this desk is now my art desk. I've always had plants in the bedrooms.

A Danish roses tea cloth with cutwork. I use this in summer.


The Chandy in the bedroom, love the light it throws...and it's so summer!



Hope you enjoyed these photos over the years of what Summer means to me! 

All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own unless identified, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown.  




OldNewGreenRedo





16 comments:

  1. Summer in your world is looking pretty beautiful! I love your porch -- I can see why it's a favorite spot. And so many fun, pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. Was a fun post to put together. Thank goodness for google photos from the blog, because I lost a few between computer transitions, and before the cloud.
      !

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos! I do love summer! Fortunately, our winter has been like summer the Last days... Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, I know it's hot in Europe...so hot. Hope you are safe! Sandi

      Delete
  3. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for visiting!! Great pictures and beautiful lace pieces!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lace may make a comeback...we will see. Sandi and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. What a delightful summer blog post! I love your red geraniums and your favorite spot on the porch! Thanks for joining in on Home Matters Linky Party! I will be featuring your post this week! #HomeMattersParty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, those red geraniums were awesome, I think Martha Washington's. Never see them anymore. Sandio

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and heartwarming photos! Thank you for sharing, and warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Linda...I'm so busy at retiring, I think it's really NOT...lol. I will try and see your posts, Sandi

      Delete
  6. I love the natural light your kitchen windows provide. It's beautiful. I'd enjoy that as well: the morning light and fresh muffins. Beautiful photos.

    Steph@Stephcreatesthings 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, yes, it is a favorite place. We bought this place...for me it was the windows...too many and huge...but I love them!

      Delete
  7. Sandi, a lovely post. Your porch is a wonderful place to relax. Love the flowers. I mam happy to feature your lovely home at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...had a busy week and didn't catch your lovely comment...Thanks so much. Sandi

      Delete
  8. Sandi, I enjoyed your summer photo journal! I love your porch, I know you spend many happy hours there. Wishing you a wonderful week,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it's been so hot....we have barely been out there at all...but soon it will be perfect! Thanks fof visiting! Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!