Thursday, December 10, 2020

Tale of Two Trees For Us!

 Ad-Free Blog

Once upon a time there were two lively OLD people...locked in their home, with no promise of company or prying eyes...to see their decorating Faux Pas. 

Shock above shock---they decorated for themselves and no one else, after killing their backs and knees decorating the OUTSIDE for everyone else! 

Exhaustion had set in ...when Hubby said, let's use the decorated tree in the closet down stairs, up here. 

oldnewgreenredo

The thought of facing fifteen totes of decorations for the usual Tree...I quickly agreed. The tree from the Rec Room, was a woodsy-

oldnewgreenredo

Fishing-
oldnewgreenredo


Wild-life themed- 

oldnewgreenredo

               

and would easily fit on top of our window table! A few snowmen and Belsnickles were on it also!

So up it came, ker-poof, add a string of thrift shop gaudy lights and Wha-La! 

DONE...It's been on every night and all the gray days! I only had to displace one lamp, instead of an exercise bike, 7 plants...

oldnewgreenredo

 a 6 foot table and probably a rocking chair...and who knows what else! HECK---no one is going to see it but us, and it is definitely ENOUGH for this year!



oldnewgreenredo

Actually it was fun to revisit this tree, as when we have everyone for Christmas, I never get to be in the basement because I'm too busy--! I love these little gourd snowmen...I think we have four of them. All hand made, oiled and polished from real gourds.

oldnewgreenredo

And the handwoven deer---we have eight of those...of course you have to have eight.
A dilapidated fishing shack, the red bead lights, which are pretty in the daytime and add a pop of red!

oldnewgreenredo

Totally exact miniature hurricane lamp...a silly wood reindeer, and a fish up a paddle, lol.

oldnewgreenredo

THE Bald Eagle sits on top...why...? Because he can and who is going to try and stop him.
I totally love the harbor float lights...those I found in Hubby's hometown. The Loon is for a special memory on a lake in upper Wisconsin.

oldnewgreenredo

The rope balls, are hand made, and another snowman! Look at his corn cob pipe...too FUN!

oldnewgreenredo

I love mushroom birds, and this little cottage made of all mushrooms and natural materials, so woodsy!

oldnewgreenredo

Another deer---they have such energy and weigh nothing!

oldnewgreenredo

I hope you are decorating for YOU--what makes you happy. Hubby is as pleased as landing a 4# Bass! LOL.

And the best part-----

I put a tree in the bedroom with 

oldnewgreenredo

Dolls, Pearls, Shoes, hats, a pair of Granny's gloves...as I find more things, I will add. It throws a sweet light...and looks great with the few ornaments I have found over the past couple of years.

oldnewgreenredo

Barbie and her little sister!

oldnewgreenredo

Holiday dolls, a swing Barbie

oldnewgreenredo
The tiniest dollhouse

oldnewgreenredo
American girl


oldnewgreenredo

another

oldnewgreenredo
hats, shoes, pearls and a sweet pink Barbie

oldnewgreenredo

The detail on the foldout Barbie house-Amazing!

oldnewgreenredo

A pink poodle


oldnewgreenredo

Sledding



oldnewgreenredo

Busy Gal with her portfolio

oldnewgreenredo

A mini Barbie case

oldnewgreenredo

Another holiday doll

oldnewgreenredo

My Grandmother's pearls and bracelets. A Chinese Barbie.

oldnewgreenredo

Another Christmas doll

oldnewgreenredo

American Girl

oldnewgreenredo

Toybox 

oldnewgreenredo

Great 5-string of pink, gray, and cream pearls.

oldnewgreenredo

An Anniversary doll

oldnewgreenredo

closeup of the shoe...I have others to add, somewhere.

This may stay up for a long time, I love the shimmering lights on a winter's night! 

And, Hubby says fine with him!

ARE YOU DECORATING FOR YOURSELF?

Do not use my photos without my permission and linking back to this post on my blog.


Thank you for your cooperation, 
Sandi 









 

7 comments:

  1. Just wonderful!Great ornaments!Love your gorgeous tree!Happy Advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maristella, we just thought down-sizing inside was a good idea, since we will have NO company! Feliz Natal...and a very good New Year 2021. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Your Woodsy tree is fabulous and as for the eagle sitting on top with the perfect lookout....I don't think anyone would dare argue with him. BUT....I must say I am rather partial to the tree in your bedroom. I think I could look at all those fabulous ornaments for a very long time and ooh and aah over each one. Gosh you have a plethora of amazing decorations. Your festive home is loads of fun1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, Eagle was scowling at me, I don't think he is happy with 2020 either. We just decided to downsize a bit with NO company, but thanks for stopping by. We appreciate it. Hugs and Merry Christmas!
      Sandi

      Delete
  3. I think those are both fabulous trees! Though I am a bit more partial to the nature/ woodsy tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joeanne, and thanks. I love a traditional tree, myself. And the woodsy one is doing the job during this shutdown this year! Hugs, and thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!