Friday, March 29, 2024

What a Puzzle!



Ad-Free Blog

Winter has been very long in the Midwest. I received this great 1000 piece puzzle for Christmas and sometime in late January I spread it out in the family room on a large round table. It had been years since we've had a puzzle out on the table.
Our family was over, so four of us sorted all the pieces into groups and managed to find maybe half of the edges....OY! The pieces are so small....

oldnewgreenredo

It's a BIG puzzle with 1000 pieces, I swear there are more.
Anyone my age---in my mid 70's---remembers these ladies at church, shopping, or at ladies' luncheons in the 1950's. I've even named them...after some of my Grandmother's friends.

]

Christine with Mock Haut Disapproval, but still a friend...what is she looking at?


Amelia, not the brightest bulb in the box...sweet and Clueless..with her price tag still hanging from her hat. What will the Parson think of that?
 
What you can't see is this is a photo of a painting, and not a litho or clear illustration-and all the details are brushstroke suggestions...it filled the whole table...it's been years since I have done a 1000 piecer. When the boys were growing up there were always puzzles on the diningroom table after Christmas.

As a Mom, I never accepted the, "There's nothing to do!", or "I'm bored." They knew they were sent to the puzzle table or given WORK...gosh FORBID. LOL.


Special thanks to Susan Barbeau the artist for her brushwork and the adorable image and 
copyright 2017

This was such fun, but a taxing puzzle, this took me over a month to complete. True our lower level has many distractions: our office, craft room, doll room--and the family room,...but I needed the table to work on taxes...LOL. So, I had to get itdone! 

It's boxed up now to pass the memories and laughter on to someone else! 

Whom should I victimize? 

....I just did my dear grandmother's ...SNORT!...

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or 
FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 

Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will be sharing at these fine Parties!



The photos in  this blog are my own or I have permission to using them from family. Any others will be attributed to source if possible.
I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog 
without my permission. 
Thank you for your cooperation, 

Sandi





 

8 comments:

  1. Sandi, that is quite a commitment to attack a project like that. Congratulations! To me that seems like a lifetime commitment. I have never been good at anything that tedious. I have known a few ladies like that though..Happy Easter, my friend, to you and your family..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it had been so long since I did a 1000pc, basically only for a few hours at a neighbor's New Years party annually. So, I'm glad it is done, and the picture was too fun. Happy Easter back to you, ours is very reeled back because my back is out! Greenhouse made progress will share on Tuesday I think! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. This puzzle looks like an absolute killer. So many close colors and detail. Well done, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeanie, it was....and the brush strokes as it was a photo'd painting pretty much drove you crazy as like all good painters, they colors were repeated everywhere in the painting, somewhere. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  3. I love your jigsaw. Tony and I are jigsaw addicts and often have one on the go. Mostly 1000 pieces but occasionally 500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a total....errrrrhghhghgh! But so beautiful when it was done. Thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete
  4. The puzzle turned out great Sandi. It's so pretty. I'm not much of a puzzle person. I get frustrated and pieces end up flying. Lol.
    Visiting today from Tuesday Turn About 247 #11&12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been along time since we did one---and this one was a B....ch. LOl. Thanks for visiting, Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!