Saturday, September 16, 2023

Fabulous Photos and Memories #4

Ad-Free Blog

Fabulous Photos and Memories #4
 
oldnewgreenredo

On the Lake circa 1970's


In 1963 my parent's bought an old farmhouse with 3 strange lots included one directly on the lake inlet. The Farmhouse circa 1850's was my mom's dream---sloping floors, wood stoves, 100 year old trees, original wainscoting and hideous 1930's linoleum floors. PERFECT...lol. Their idea was to use as a summer place and eventually retire there.

Our dock of the family compound is where I stood and took this photo. This corner of the inlet to the huge lake was spring fed---the cold water tickling your legs while swimming. The floating dock my dad built was perfect for fishing and launching our fishing boat. Fishing was fabulous and we had pan-fried fish whenever we wanted.

Old photos bring so many great and sometimes sad memories...this one is almost all great. My parents never got to retire there and sold the cottage in the 1980's. 

Summer vacations, weekends and gorgeous Falls were spent there, Happily and full of MEMORIES.

Do you have photos 
of your favorite childhood Summers?

If you enjoyed this post please follow this blog by blogger or FOLLOW IT which you will find in the upper right hand corner of this page. 


Thanks always for visiting. 
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will be sharing at these fine Parties!



All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts or any products shown. Please do not use photos without linking back to this blog without my permission. Thank you for your cooperation, Sandi Magle

Sandi







 





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I need to go through the old photos in boxes and scan some---so much fun there! Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. That lake view is so wonderful -- idyllic. Don't you love the memories old photos bring us? I do -- There's something so fulfilling about them. I have loads of photos of our summers and every one of them means so much. Thanks, too, for coming by the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. I stumbled across this one in an OLD OLD file on the computer. Have a great day, Sandi

      Delete
  3. I think you shared that photo...cracked me up...thanks for visiting! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!