Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Time Travel for the Holidays!


Hi, Dear Readers. I have been doing more than blogging this last few weeks. We had Thanksgiving and then slid into full blown Christmas prep---going through everything--jarring memories--and rearranging, culling, cleaning. I'll be able to post more soon.

An old 'memory' that popped up 

on my FaceBook from 7 years ago. 

We only have one grand girl. And from the beginning we always did things with her when she visited.

Here she is at just two all ready for making 

Christmas cookies.


We pretty much left her alone to do what she wanted on Family Cookie Day...where we make cookies with 4-5 families around our island and huge kitchen table.


She was very quiet, content in the high chair and busy. I'm always a believer it is the process that is to be enjoyed, and not the final result with children. 



No one paid her any attention as tray after tray of cookies went into the oven. Meanwhile, Grampa was giving her more flour and more 'child safe-no-fresh-eggs cookie dough'.


These were her mom's photos

Probably two hours later....
"OH, Dear....I have flour in my hair, and I'm all sticky..., I'm not sure I like this."

Like I said, it's the process....lol.


Everyone else was very busy, too! 



Do you have a favorite 
Family Holiday Group Do-Together?

Please share in comments, I'd love to hear from you!

If You enjoyed this post please FOLLOW IT in the upper right hand corner, to get just one email of each new post.

Thanks  ALWAYS  for visiting,

I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will post at the following Link Parties, I hope you visit them.


All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. Please do not use my photos without permission. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts, or any products shown or anywhere I shop.

Thank you for your cooperation,


Sandi 


6 comments:

  1. I love your time travel and seeing your cookies. As you may know from my post earlier this week, cookies are a tradition in our family too. I hope I get to do them with the grands although with Covid in one family and who knows what, we might be back to just the two of us for Christmas again. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Jeanie. I hope so---we are having it Sunday with fingers of course crossed! Everyone is vaccinated, hopefully we will be able to get together and You ALL, too. Hugs, Sandi

      Delete
  2. She is adorable! What wonderful memories to uncover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son wouldn't let me do posts with her---but now she is 9...and not recognizable at all...so much fun, thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete
  3. Great and precious time! Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!