Saturday, May 14, 2016

Whole House Remodel #2


 I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, here is what has been going on. Blame this ugly post---on all your Spring---gorgeous ones!



 Gorgeous---buffet...with entire contents of the curved Victorian Oak cabinet on it!



 Our lovely porch---perfect for cozy family gatherings. Don't you want to sit down and have some tead?

 Can't wait to serve tea on the tea cart---over there somewhere! One thing about a remodel---you find goodies(crap) you forgot you had.




NOTICE MY FLORAL ARRANGEMENT---LOL. The vibrunum has tried to bloom in the middle of all our rain and cold.

I do need to do wash-over to the right,--sometime, SOON! That's our coffee table on top of the dining table---a new expression of interior design...wonder if it will catch on?



NEW Subfloor going over the old crappy---not thick enough--it was CDX 1/2" plywood, really icky stuff! And new subfloor is glued and screwed, boxes and boxes of screws and multi gallons of glue.

Most of the old nails were sticking through the air in the basement, no where near any studs. Kinda like visiting the fun house-when walking on it!




Each room had to be done in shifts. These pics were taken all yesterday---last of the subfloor went in last night. 

And we DO LOVE OUR NEW Vinyl Plank FLOORING! Can't wait until it's done.  Our kitchen eating area will be done but not where the cabinets are, as we will be replacing those later this year. For now, I will hopefully put my house back together tomorrow.


NOTE: All our friends who have had hardwood in their kitchens have hated it and have had to have refinishes done in less than 10 years. At our age, we went for the vinyl plank---because we won't be selling---it will be inheirited--and the easy care and somewhat easy switchout if their is damage. We've had the same product in our basement family room for two years and it really can take abuse.

And I still haven't planted anything pretty outside---we have frost warning out for last night and tonight....grrrrrr! Thank goodness for a greenhouse with a heater. Soon we will have Spring, soon.


Thanks always for visiting, I will answer any questions or comments.

I will try and post this, lol, if they refuse...sorry to these fine parties;

Sandi 



12 comments:

  1. Huge job and its going to be so great when you get the flooring down and things start returning to their 'homes'. Looking forward to more posts on your reno.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Joy. Well decisions are being made on thinning what returns to their 'homes', lol. Going to weed a bit, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Dear Sandi:
    I find the frost warning amazing. The last frost here was the 1st part of April. I wish you success on your project and soon - very soon - everything will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Bernideen,my impetus for taking the pics was the lovely garden settings for your Tea Party---and my poor porch which is freezing---and totally junk filled--thought I should pop a cloth on a blank surface and put a teapot on it...LOL.
      Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your blog posts, Sandi

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandi, WOW you really have been busy at your home. I know how much work it takes for remodels. Looks like you two have come a long way and it will be stunning. Enjoy the process and redecorating. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi, WOW you really have been busy at your home. I know how much work it takes for remodels. Looks like you two have come a long way and it will be stunning. Enjoy the process and redecorating. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celestine, LOL, it is a disaster. Trying to get it all sorted and SOME moved back the rest will have to be dealt with. Thanks so much for stopping by, I've missed your sweet face, Sandi

      Delete
  5. l really enjoyed my first visit to your blog...a very funny post and yes l could have a cuppa there and feel right at home, my place has looked like that many times when there's been a project on:-) l love vinyl floorboards the look...without the fuss. Can't wait to pop back and see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by---yes, we have a mess. It is slowly working itself back to normal...my goal is to have the porch tip-top by the weekend. Thanks so much and hope to see you again, Sandi

      Delete
  6. LOL, it is a disaster. Trying to get it all sorted and SOME moved back the rest will have to be dealt with. Thanks so much for stopping by, I've missed your sweet face, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Vinyl plank. Was the sub flooring hard to do? We have lots of squeaky floors( old house) I wonder if putting down sub flooring and then the vinyl will help. last summer we did my daughters room with vinyl flooring from Home depot and I love it. I'd like to do our whole house, s]which is pretty small( under 900 sq. feet) so doable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand exactly what you are going through!! 3 years ago, we had no flooring put down in the LR,DR,Hall way, Kitchen and Powder Room!! On top of that, we had new Kitchen counter tops, a new sink and some work down in the powder room!! The only room we did not put new flooring down was the den and I still have not gotten around to having it done even though we have had the flooring for 3 years. I think it took me 2 years to recover!!
    Thanks so much for taking the tie to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!