Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March is Women's History Month: Outstanding Chicago Women Part 1

I had to create some hand outs on Women's History for a luncheon this week. These are just quick overviews of some Illinois and Chicago Women and their accomplishments. 

I gathered information from many sources and unfortunately didn't keep track of where anything is from. They all were 'Ahead of her Time,' and worked for the betterment of all women in their chosen field. I found myself choosing quotes and highlighting their work that still pertains to women today.

unsure source




unsure source



unsure source



unsure  source




unsure source



unsure source

Lucy E Parsons
1851-1942


unsure source


unsure source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please look further into these exceptional women 
and their stories.



For Ukraine

Thanks  ALWAYS  for visiting,
I will try and respond to every comment and answer every question.

I will post at the following Link Parties, I hope you visit them.


All the opinions and photographs in this blog are my own, unless otherwise designated. Please do not use my photos without permission. I have not been paid or reimbursed in anyway for my opinions, posts, or any products shown or anywhere I shop.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Sandi 

8 comments:

  1. These are all very interesting -- and I am surprised I didn't know them at all, apart from Ida B. Wells and Jane Adams. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeanie. We talked at our meeting about the women, and how in the 1980's there was very little about women's history. I'm going to post a few more, and I have a couple I'm going to look into more, for myself! Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post on interesting Women!! I enjoyed reading about them all!! Thanks for sharing!! Thanks for stopping by! You asked where I store everything....All in house decorations are stored up in the attic which is floored...Outside decorations and seasonal things are stored at the storage shed down the road that we rent....Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debbie, I had no idea you had an accessible attic. When I had a shop I had a huge storage space up in the attic of the old barn...just me and the critters.LOL. Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

      Delete
  3. Great post - I'm in awe reading about these women who were such pioneers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. And, it is just a snapshot of their achievements. Thanks for visiting! Sandi

      Delete

Thank you for any and all comments. I will be happy to answer any questions or comments in replies or email! HUGS!